Tuesday, June 15, 2010

'Rainbow'

This is my very first piece and how it all started. I was 5 months pregnant, and I needed something to wear to a friend's wedding and still wants to maintain my style but nothing existing could fit me. So I started making this piece and it turned out great! I received a lot of compliments and actually received some orders! So, I continued sketching other pieces from then on.

This piece was named 'Rainbow' to signify a lot of things that a rainbow has -- vibrant colors, beauty and doesn't come easy. And with this inspiration, I decided on the name Ilham for my baby. Alana means beautiful and I could feel how my baby made me feel beautiful inside out and that's how the name Alana Ilham came about. And Alana Ilham (my little princess) was born on January 12th, 2010 to complete my life.


This piece was done on Crepe Silk as a long dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment